You’ve poured over the catalogue. You’ve become enchanted. Here’s how to acquire the item of your dreams.
What: Auction of 500 Rare Vintage Posters
When: Sunday, March 14 at 11am EDT sharp
Where: Rennert’s Gallery, 26 W. 17th St., New York, NY 10011 (Union Square / Flatiron District)
And online at: auctions.posterauctions.com
Our auctions move fast – about 125 lots per hour – and without a break.
Sales are final. Decisiveness is crucial.
Our primary platform is Auction Mobility. You can access it directly here or through our website (click “View Lots/Register” or “Live Auction” on March 14). We encourage auction participants to use this platform as it offers a slightly lower buyer’s premium than Invaluable.
- You must confirm a Credit Card number before you can bid on any lot. Make sure to register a CC# before the live auction.
- When bidding on our platform, remember to confirm your bid with an extra click.
- When the auction starts on March 14 at 11am EDT, you can access a live video feed of the auction at auctions.posterauctions.com.
- Download our free mobile app (Apple iOS) or (Google Android) and have full bidding immediacy and functionality wherever you may be on March 14, 2021.
Please note: when bidding online, you are also bidding against people who bid in-person on auction day, as well as people who place phone and absentee bids. Having the highest bid online does not guarantee you as the highest bidder overall. With this in mind, please leave your maximum bid amount online.
If you’re local to the New York area, or visiting on March 14, you are welcome to join us in the gallery for the live auction. Please try to arrive about a half-hour before your lot arrives on the auction block. We move through about 125 lots per hour, so plan accordingly.
You can register for a paddle at any time.
Please register with Terry Shargel at 212-787-4000, and supply phone numbers at which you will be reachable on March 14 between 11am and 4pm EDT. You will be asked which lot numbers you wish to bid on, and you’ll be assigned a paddle number and a PAI staff member in the room who will call you and bid on your behalf.
Please get your phone bids in by Friday, March 12.
If you will not be available during the Live Auction, but wish to place a bid on an item, please call us at 212-787-4000. You will be able to indicate your maximum bid for the item, and we will bid for you as if you were in the room.
You may also download an Absentee Bid Form and fax the completed form to 212-604-9175.
Please get your absentee bids in by Friday, March 12.
To $2,000 –> by $100
$2,000-$5,000 –> by $200
$5,000-$10,000 –> by $500
$10,000-$20,000 –> by $1,000
$20,000-$50,000 –> by $2,000
$50,000 and $100,00 –> by $5,000
$100,000 and over –> by $10,000
There are no fees to register to bid.
Rennert’s Gallery / PAI imposes a buyer’s premium (commission) upon every winning bid (between 20% and 25%, see below for details).
Once the gavel descends, the sale is final. About one week after the auction, you’ll be sent an invoice including sale price, buyer’s premium, all applicable taxes, and shipping costs. When we receive your payment, we will immediately send your item.
- Frames: If your purchased item includes a frame, we can ship it with or without the frame; in a poster tube, shipping costs are roughly $60 domestic U.S.; with a frame, average shipping cost is $250 domestic U.S. However, prices vary widely depending upon size and weight. We are also happy to frame any items purchased from Rennert’s Gallery / PAI. For an average-sized poster, without matting, prices begin at roughly $350. Please call us at 212-787-4000 with any questions.
Any further questions? Please email us: email@example.com.
We look forward to hosting you on Sunday, March 14. Good luck!
- Live / phone / absentee bidding: Buyer’s Premium: 20%.
- Online, through Rennert’s Gallery: our primary digital auction platform is hosted by Auction Mobility, accessed via our website. Buyer’s Premium: 23%.
- Online, through Invaluable / AuctionZip: Our auctions are also hosted through Invaluable / AuctionZip. Buyer’s Premium: 25%.
Important Tips for Bidding Online:
- Our bidding platform allows you to watch or participate via phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. For more detailed information please visit this page.
- After creating an account, please register with your credit card number. Without your credit card information on file, you will not be able to bid.
- Upon placing an online bid, you will be asked to confirm your bid. Remember to do this. This is a failsafe to prevent participants from placing erroneous bids.
- Please note that winning bids will only be confirmed on auction day; the highest bid online does not guarantee a win, as other bidders can submit counter-offers in person or via our other bidding platforms during the auction. Please remember to enter the highest amount you are wiling to bid in case there are other interested parties.
- If you’re using a Mac (macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or newer): use the most up-to-date version of Chrome (Latest stable major version and stable previous version: download) or Firefox (Latest stable major version and stable previous version: download) for best results. Or Safari 12.1+.
- If you’re using a PC (Windows 8 or newer): the most up-to-date version of Chrome (Latest stable major version and stable previous version: download) or Firefox (Latest stable major version and stable previous version: download), (Windows 10+ Only) or Edge version 79+ (referred to as EdgeHTML).
- iOS 13.0 and greater. Apple iPhone 5S or newer. Apple iPad Air or newer.
- Android 5.0 and greater
- PAI auctions remain accessible through Invaluable and Auction Zip. If you use either of these platforms, you will be subject to a slightly higher commission fee (25% vs 23%). For technical support call: 617-746-9800.
- If you’re using a Mac (OSX 10.6 or later): use the most up-to-date version of Firefox, Chrome, or Safari for best results.
- If you’re using a PC (Windows 7 & 8): use the most up-to-date version of Firefox, Edge, or Chrome.