You’ve poured over the catalogue. You’ve become enchanted. Here’s how to acquire the item of your dreams.
What: Auction of 470 Rare Vintage Posters
When: July 18, 2023 at 11AM EDT
Where: Rennert’s Gallery, 26 W. 17th St., New York, NY 10011 (Union Square / Flatiron District)
And online at: auctions.posterauctions.com
Our auctions move fast – about 125 lots per hour – and without a break.
Sales are final. Decisiveness is crucial.
Our primary platform is powered by Auction Mobility. You can access it directly here or through our website (click “View Lots/Register” or “Live Auction” on auction day). We encourage auction participants to use this platform as it offers a slightly lower buyer’s premium (23%) than Invaluable (25%).
To properly view the lots and navigate through the pages, please be sure to extend the width of your internet browser’s window.
- You must confirm a Credit Card number before you can bid on any lot. Make sure to register a CC# before the live auction.
- When bidding on our platform, you will be asked to confirm your bid.
- When the auction starts on July 18 at 11am EDT, you can access a live video feed of the auction at auctions.posterauctions.com.
- Download our free mobile app (Apple iOS or Google Android) and have full bidding immediacy and functionality wherever you may be on auction day.
Please note: Until the day of the auction, the bids shown online only reflect other internet bids made through our website. On the day of the auction, you will be bidding against people who bid in-person, by phone, by absentee, and through Invaluable. If you are unable to be at your computer during the auction, please be sure to leave your maximum bid amount online. Having the highest max bid online does not guarantee you as the highest bidder on auction day. Please keep in mind that bid increments affect your standing; a poster can possibly sell to another bidder for the same amount as your max bid.
Live bidding through our mobile app:
If you need to update an online bid:
If you’re local to the New York area, or visiting on July 18, you are welcome to join us in the gallery for the live auction. Please try to arrive about a half-hour before your lot arrives on the auction block. We move through about 125 lots per hour, so plan accordingly.
You can register for a paddle at any time.
Please register with Terry Shargel at 212-787-4000, and supply phone numbers at which you will be reachable on July 18 between 11am and 4pm EDT. You will be asked which lot numbers you wish to bid on, and you’ll be assigned a paddle number and a PAI staff member in the room who will call you and bid on your behalf.
Please get your phone bids in by Monday, July 17.
If you will not be available during the Live Auction, but wish to place a bid on an item, please call us at 212-787-4000. You will be able to indicate your maximum bid for the item, and we will bid for you as if you were in the room.
You may also download an Absentee Bid Form and fax the completed form to 212-604-9175.
Please get your absentee bids in by Monday, July 17.
To $2,000 –> by $100
$2,000-$5,000 –> by $200
$5,000-$10,000 –> by $500
$10,000-$20,000 –> by $1,000
$20,000-$50,000 –> by $2,000
$50,000 and $100,00 –> by $5,000
$100,000 and over –> by $10,000
There are no fees to register to bid—but you will be charged a one-time $1 transaction fee to register online.
Rennert’s Gallery / PAI imposes a buyer’s premium (commission) upon every winning bid (between 20% and 25%, see below for details).
Once the gavel descends, the sale is final. About one week after the auction, you’ll be sent an invoice including sale price, buyer’s premium, all applicable taxes, and shipping costs. When we receive your payment, we will immediately send your item.
- Frames: If your purchased item includes a frame, we can ship it with or without the frame; in a poster tube, shipping costs are roughly $60 domestic U.S.; with a frame, average shipping cost is $250 domestic U.S. However, prices vary widely depending upon size and weight. We are also happy to frame any items purchased from Rennert’s Gallery / PAI. For an average-sized poster, without matting, prices begin at roughly $350. Please call us at 212-787-4000 with any questions.
Any further questions? Please email us: email@example.com.
We look forward to hosting you on Tuesday, July 18. Good luck!
- Live / phone / absentee bidding: Buyer’s Premium: 20%.
- Online, through Rennert’s Gallery: our primary digital auction platform is hosted by Auction Mobility, accessed via our website. Buyer’s Premium: 23%.
- Online, through Invaluable / AuctionZip: Our auctions are also hosted through Invaluable / AuctionZip. Buyer’s Premium: 25%.
For full details on our auction specifications, please see our Conditions of Sale.
Important Tips for Bidding Online:
- Our bidding platform allows you to watch or participate via phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. For more detailed information please visit this page.
- After creating an account, please register with your credit card number. Without your credit card information on file, you will not be able to bid.
- Upon placing an online bid, you will be asked to confirm your bid. Remember to do this. This is a failsafe to prevent participants from placing erroneous bids.
- Please note that winning bids will only be confirmed on auction day; the highest bid online does not guarantee a win, as other bidders can submit counter-offers in person or via our other bidding platforms during the auction. Please remember to enter the highest amount you are wiling to bid in case there are other interested parties.
- If you’re using a Mac (macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or newer): use the most up-to-date version of Chrome (Latest stable major version and stable previous version: download) or Firefox (Latest stable major version and stable previous version: download) for best results.
- If you’re using a PC (Windows 8 or newer): the most up-to-date version of Chrome (Latest stable major version and stable previous version: download) or Firefox (Latest stable major version and stable previous version: download), (Windows 10+ Only) or Edge version 79+ (referred to as EdgeHTML).
- iOS 13.0 and greater. Apple iPhone 5S or newer. Apple iPad Air or newer.
- Android 5.0 and greater
- If you encounter any issues with the app on your smart phone or tablet, please restart your device.
- PAI auctions remain accessible through Invaluable and Auction Zip. If you use either of these platforms, you will be subject to a slightly higher commission fee (25% vs 23%). For technical support call: 617-746-9800.
- If you’re using a Mac (OSX 10.6 or later): use the most up-to-date version of Firefox, Chrome, or Safari for best results.
- If you’re using a PC (Windows 7 & 8): use the most up-to-date version of Firefox, Edge, or Chrome.
for full details on all 470 lots
All lots viewable online one month prior to auction.
In-gallery viewing June 29-July 17 (Daily 11am-6pm)