You’ve pored over the catalogue. You’ve become enchanted. Here’s how to acquire the item of your dreams.
What: Auction of 435 Rare Vintage Posters
When: Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 11am EST sharp
Where: Rennert’s Gallery, 26 W. 17th St., New York, NY 10011 (Union Square / Flatiron District)
And online at: auctions.posterauctions.com
Our auctions move fast – about 125 lots per hour – and without a break.
Sales are final. Decisiveness is crucial.
Our primary platform is Auction Mobility. You can access it directly here or through our website (click “Register / View Lots” or “Live Auction” on Feb. 24). We encourage auction participants to use this platform as it offers a slightly lower buyer’s premium than Invaluable.
- You must confirm a Credit Card number before you can bid on any lot. Make sure to register a CC# before the live auction.
- When bidding on our platform, remember to confirm your bid with an extra click.
- When the auction starts on February 24, at 11am EDT, you can access a live video feed of the auction at auctions.posterauctions.com.
- Download our free mobile app (Apple iOS) or (Google Android) and have full bidding immediacy and functionality wherever you may be on Feb. 24, 2019.
If you’re local to the New York area, or visiting on Feb. 24th, you are welcome to join us in the gallery for the live auction. Please try to arrive about a half-hour before your lot arrives on the auction block. We move through about 125 lots per hour, so plan accordingly.
You can register for a paddle at any time.
Please register with Terry Shargel at 718-787-4000, and supply phone numbers at which you will be reachable on Feb. 24th between 11am and 4pm EDT. You will be asked which Lot Numbers you wish to bid on, and you’ll be assigned a Paddle Number and a PAI staff member in the room, who will call you and bid on your behalf.
Please get your phone bids in by Saturday, February 23.
If you will not be available during the Live Auction, but wish to place a bid on an item, please call us at 212-787-4000. You will be able to indicate your maximum bid for the item, and we will bid for you as if you were in the room.
You may also download an Absentee Bid Form and fax the completed form to 212-604-9175.
Please get your absentee bids in by Saturday, February 23.
To $2,000 –> by $100
$2,000-$5,000 –> by $200
$5,000-$10,000 –> by $500
$10,000-$20,000 –> by $1,000
$20,000-$50,000 –> by $5,000
$100,000 and over –> by $10,000
There are no fees to register to bid.
Rennert’s Gallery / PAI imposes a buyer’s premium (commission) upon every winning bid (between 20% and 25%, see below for details.)
Once the gavel descends, the sale is final. About one week after the auction, you’ll be sent an invoice including sale price, buyer’s premium, all applicable taxes, and shipping costs. When we receive your payment, we will immediately send your item.
- Frames: If your purchased item includes a frame, we can ship it with or without the frame; in a poster tube, shipping costs are roughly $60 domestic U.S.; with a frame, average shipping cost is $250 domestic U.S. However, prices vary widely depending upon size and weight. We are also happy to frame any items purchased from Rennert’s Gallery / PAI. For an average-sized poster, without matting, prices begin at roughly $350. Please call us at 212-787-4000 with any questions.
Any further questions? Please email us: email@example.com.
We look forward to hosting you on Sunday, Feb. 24th. Good luck!
- Live / phone / absentee bidding: Buyer’s Premium: 20%.
- Online, through Rennert’s Gallery: our primary digital auction platform is hosted by Auction Mobility, accessed via our website. Buyer’s Premium: 23%.
- Online, through Invaluable / AuctionZip: Our auctions are also hosted through Invaluable / AuctionZip. Buyer’s Premium: 25%.
Important Tips for Bidding Online:
- Our bidding platform allows you to watch or participate via phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. Here’s a quick-and-easy How-To guide.
- After creating an account, please register with your credit card number. Without your credit card information on file, you will not be able to bid.
- Upon placing an online bid, you will be asked to confirm your bid. Remember to do this. This is a failsafe to prevent participants from placing erroneous bids.
- Please note that winning bids will only be confirmed on auction day; the highest bid online does not guarantee a win, as other bidders can submit counter-offers in person or via our other bidding platforms during the auction. Please remember to enter the highest amount you are wiling to bid in case there are other interested parties.
- If you’re using a Mac (macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or newer): use the most up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox for best results
- If you’re using a PC (Windows 7 or newer): use either Internet Explorer 11+ (however, we recommend you use Edge), or the most up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox.
- iOS 11.0 and greater. Apple iPhone 5S or newer. Apple iPad Air or newer.
- Android 4.4 and greater
- PAI auctions remain accessible through Invaluable and Auction Zip. If you use either of these platforms, you will be subject to a slightly higher commission fee (25% vs 23%). For technical support call: 617-746-9800.
- If you’re using a Mac: use the most up-to-date version of Firefox or Safari for best results
- If you’re using a PC (Windows 7 & 8): use either Internet Explorer 9 or 11, or the most up-to-date version of Firefox, or Chrome.
PAI-LXXVII: Rare Posters Auction will be held February 24 at 11am EDT.