You’ve pored over the catalogue. You’ve become enchanted. Here’s how to acquire the item of your dreams.
What: Auction of 468 Rare Vintage Posters
When: Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 11am EDT sharp
Where: Rennert’s Gallery, 26 W. 17th St., New York, NY 10011 (Union Square / Flatiron District)
And online at: auctions.posterauctions.com
Our auctions move fast – about 125 lots per hour – and without a break.
Sales are final. Decisiveness is crucial.
Our primary platform is Auction Mobility. You can access it directly here or through our website (click “Register / View Lots” or “Live Auction” on Oct. 28th). We encourage auction participants to use this platform as it offers a slightly lower buyer’s premium than Invaluable.
- You must confirm a Credit Card number before you can bid on any lot. Make sure to register a CC# before the live auction.
- When bidding on our platform, remember to confirm your bid with an extra click.
- When the auction starts on October 28, at 11am EDT, you can access a live video feed of the auction at auctions.posterauctions.com.
- Download our free mobile app (Apple iOS) or (Google Android) and have full bidding immediacy and functionality wherever you may be on Oct. 28th, 2018.
If you’re local to the New York area, or visiting on Oct. 28th, you are welcome to join us in the gallery for the live auction. Please try to arrive about a half-hour before your lot arrives on the auction block. We move through about 125 lots per hour, so plan accordingly.
You can register for a paddle at any time.
Please register with Terry Shargel at 718-787-4000, and supply phone numbers at which you will be reachable on Oct. 28th, between 11am and 4pm EDT. You will be asked which Lot Numbers you wish to bid on, and you’ll be assigned a Paddle Number and a PAI staff member in the room, who will call you and bid on your behalf.
Please get your phone bids in by Saturday, October 27.
If you will not be available during the Live Auction, but wish to place a bid on an item, please call us at 212-787-4000. You will be able to indicate your maximum bid for the item, and we will bid for you as if you were in the room.
You may also download an Absentee Bid Form and fax the completed form to 212-604-9175.
Please get your absentee bids in by Saturday, October 27.
To $2,000 –> by $100
$2,000-$5,000 –> by $200
$5,000-$10,000 –> by $500
$10,000-$20,000 –> by $1,000
$20,000-$50,000 –> by $5,000
$100,000 and over –> by $10,000
There are no fees to register to bid.
Rennert’s Gallery / PAI imposes a buyer’s premium (commission) upon every winning bid (between 20% and 25%, see below for details.)
Once the gavel descends, the sale is final. About one week after the auction, you’ll be sent an invoice including sale price, buyer’s premium, all applicable taxes, and shipping costs. When we receive your payment, we will immediately send your item.
- Frames: If your purchased item includes a frame, we can ship it with our without the frame; in a poster tube, shipping costs are roughly $60 domestic U.S.; with a frame, average shipping cost is $250 domestic U.S., however prices vary widely depending upon size and weight. We are also happy to frame any items purchased from Rennert’s Gallery / PAI. For an average-sized poster, without matting, prices begin at roughly $350. Please call us at 212-787-4000 with any questions.
Any further questions? Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hosting you on Sunday, Oct. 28th. Good luck!
- Live / phone / absentee bidding: 20%.
- Online, through Rennert’s Gallery: our primary digital auction platform is hosted by Auction Mobility, accessed via our website. Buyer’s Premium: 23%.
- Online, through Invaluable / AuctionZip: Our auctions are also hosted through Invaluable / AuctionZip. Buyer’s Premium: 25%.
PAI-LXXVI: Rare Posters Auction will be held October 28 at 11am EDT.